My Monday Meals 10.02.14

Breakfast

Breakfast

Special K Chocolate and Strawberry with fresh raspberries and semi skimmed milk. The raspberries were slightly sour, I’m guessing as they aren’t in season. I would like to make more of an effort to buy seasonal fruit but as many mothers (and fathers) with toddlers know, food shopping with children does not allow much browsing time! I had a new flavour Nespresso, Cioccorosso (chocolate and red fruit – the fruit tasted like cherry), with hot soya milk. I then had Clipper’s Organic Earl Grey tea with skimmed milk.

Lunch

Lunch

Grilled cheddar cheese on toast with dried mint. This lunch makes me think of my teenage years as I used to have it at my friend, Seta’s house. Another cheese and bread combo we had regularly was a cheddar sandwich with homemade apricot jam. Sounds odd but it is a bit like a sweet tasting chutney. My drink was Twinings Cranberry and Blood Orange herbal tea.

Dinner

Dinner

Oven baked salmon with a sweet chilli sauce with orange peppers, salad leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and coleslaw. This is a quick and easy dinner for us which I chose as Andy was late back from work. We normally eat by 6.30 pm but this was the time he arrived home.

Snack

Snack

A vanilla custard doughnut with vanilla and rose Earl Grey tea. Custard doughnuts are my weakness, especially if they are dusted with icing sugar like this one from Sainsbury’s.

Advertisements

8 thoughts on “My Monday Meals 10.02.14

• Beth says:

I love! I’ve had it for years and years and think grilled cheese on toast tastes boring without it 😉
      Please let me know if you like it or not.

1. Mabel Kwong says:

Seems like a lot of yummy food in one day! And it seems like you didn’t have oily food, so I hope the food filled you up nicely. I’ve never tried cheddar and mint toast, but it sounds simple yet great. I tend to avoid any form of sugar or fruit in my breakfast though. I find that if I have a sweet tea or even jam spread on my breakfast bread, I get a sugar crash mid-morning 🙂

• Beth says:

Let me know when you try cheese and mint toast. It’s so yummy!
      I have a bit of a sweet tooth and like a bit of sweetness at breakfast if not from fresh fruit then from raisins, apricots or freeze dried fruit.
      My husband’s on a healthy diet for over a year now so we don’t really eat much oily food at home. Just pan or wok fried with a tbsp of vegetable oil, oven baked, boiled or steamed. I am a bit guilty of eating too much bread and pasta at times!

• Mabel Kwong says:

What kind of mint do you recommend I use? I’m not familiar with using mint in my cooking – it’s not used widely in Asian cooking, at least in my family.

Not a huge fan of pasta myself as I find I get full after a few bites, haha. Like you, I love bread though. My guilty pleasure is…Subway 🙂 If not, it’s a good chicken sandwich with oaty bread!

• Beth says:

I used dried mint from a jar. They sell them in little jars in the UK. I’ll send you a pic on Twitter.

I love Subway too. Haven’t had one in a while though. I like their Italian herb and cheese bread. Ooh you’re making me hungry… It’s lunch time here.

• Mabel Kwong says:

Thanks for sharing the mint you used on Twitter 🙂 I didn’t know they existed ground, in bottles. I thought you had to buy mint leaves and chop them up. So I learnt something new today, thank you 🙂