I however, love Instagram. I’ve met some lovely, lovely people through using it and really enjoy checking it daily, finding inspiration and seeing all the professional looking photos.
At the moment, I’m going through a phase of learning and exploring. I’m finding my identity as a mummy and I love using social media and blogging to do it. I feel like I am quite an expressive person so I love discovering, creating and sharing words, images and music.
In light of this, I thought I would share with you five things I like about Instagram:
- Meal inspiration – I often get a bit bored with food and eat just because I have too. Seeing a mouth watering dinner encourages me to firstly try something new and secondly to create a dish with ingredients I wouldn’t normally buy in a weekly shop.
- Noticing the little things – Does Instagram make you take a look around at the things you see everyday but never paid attention to? It did for me. I started seeing beauty in places I hadn’t looked closely before, seeing colour, contrast, patterns and symmetry.
- Motivation – So many wonderful quotes are shared on Instagram in beautifully written font or calligraphy. Whenever I feel blue and just want to hide under a duvet, I go to the ‘Explore’ tab and there are so many quotes in my feed. Lines from my favourite songs, poems from writers and excerpts from novels. My mood is uplifted and my faith renewed.
- The sense of community – As I mentioned earlier, one of the best things about Instagram is the friends that I have made from using it. Bonding over common interests, shared experiences and mutual appreciation of home decor. It is amazing how social media can connect you with likeminded souls half way across the world.
- Creating Art – Probably my most favourite thing about Instagram is how people can take a photo or create a picture that is visually appealing or thought provoking. It is an expression of mood of taste and style.
Of course this is not always the case. There is some utter sheet out there that is none of the above. Not even close. There are people who exploit it for their own benefit but hey, let’s not focus on the negative. When it is good, it is good and that’s what I like.